22 January 2018
   
Winky D gives voter registration oomph
Cholera: Zim on high alert as 4 killed
ANC confirms Zuma exit discussion
Government orders blood price reduction
- One day’s supply left of key blood group
Kasukuwere begs ED for forgiveness: official
Chinamasa to divert wages to devolution
Dump Mugabe regalia, Zanu PF official
MORE NEWS
Gemmology center in Mutare soon
NRZ loss as gold miners damage rail line
MORE BUSINESS
Unpaid Mr ugly reports sponsors to ZRP
Zim author releases new book in USA
MORE SHOWBIZ
Billiat might still leave: Sundowns coach
Anger as Dembare approach City player
MORE SPORTS
Mnangagwa’s ‘New’ Zim merits support
Zhuwao: kleptocracy and EDiots in Davos
MORE OPINION
 
Mnangagwa off to Davos empty handed
Economy: the need for a paradigm shift
MORE COLUMNISTS
 
 
Murowa diamond output down 12pc
16/04/2014 00:00:00
by The Source
 
 
RELATED STORIES

DIAMOND production at Rio Tinto’s Murowa mine fell 12 percent year-on-year in the first quarter to 89,000 carats due to poor weather and lower ore grades, the company said on Tuesday.

“First quarter carats recovered at Murowa were lower than the same period in 2013 due to lower grades, slightly lower ore processed and the impact of wet weather on mining operations, which were partially offset by processing previously stockpiled material,” RioTinto said in a quarterly trading update.

The company achieved 101,000 carats in the first quarter of 2013.

On a quarterly basis, production dropped by 34 percent compared to the 135,000 carats achieved in the fourth quarter.

The mine, located near Zvishavane, is 78 percent owned by Rio Tinto with a local company, RioZim holding the remaining 22 percent equity.



Advertisement


 
Email this to a friend Printable Version Discuss This Story
Share this article:

Digg it

Del.icio.us

Reddit

Newsvine

Nowpublic

Stumbleupon

Face Book

Myspace

Fark

 
 
 
comments powered by Disqus
 
RSS NewsTicker