A WOMAN who took an aphrodisiac before romping with her husband died from “too much sexual pleasure,” a newspaper reported on Saturday.
Janet Moyo, 23, took the stimulant after complaining to her husband that she was “not enjoying sex”.
She took the powdered concoction before going to bed on July 16 but died suddenly after making some “strange sounds”, the Bulawayo Chronicle reported.
Emmanuel Mahoko of Midlands Police said officers were called to Mbongolo Village in Mberengwa District after reports that a woman had died suddenly.
He said: “We confirm a sudden death incident in which a Mberengwa woman is said to have died while in bed with her husband at around 4AM on Monday.
“Police who attended the scene recovered the powdered concoction, which the woman was said to have used before getting into bed with her husband.
“Our investigations are continuing.”
Citing a neighbour, the Chronicle reports that Moyo had become disillusioned with love making after telling her husband, Takaenda Zhou, that she was not enjoying it. The couple recently married.
“She consulted a local traditional healer who normally assists both men and women in the village in that regard and was given the concoction,” the source said.
“It backfired when she started making strange sounds during sex with her husband and died in the process because of too much sexual pleasure."
Zhou said: “I don’t want to say much about the incident, the police took the concoction which my wife had taken and we are still waiting for the post-mortem to ascertain what caused her death. You can get in touch with the police.”
Moyo’s body was taken to Masase Mission Hospital for a post-mortem.