21 January 2018
   
How ED pulled wool over Mugabe’s eyes
UN: 5 dead in DRC anti-Kabila demo
US wants Africa to shun North Korea
'Zimbabweans mentally ill after Bob horror'
Chamisa, Speaker row over G40 MP purges
ZRP reverses decision to fire top cops
Bennett: Clues sought in chopper crash
EU, UN should observe elections: Pres
MORE NEWS
Buyanga responds to investment call
ZTA targets domestic tourism
MORE BUSINESS
Delight as ZBC 'Iron Lady' suspended
Sulu arrested over $4,000 child support
MORE SHOWBIZ
Cricket: ICC clears Zimbabwe's Vitori
Zidane fuels Neymar to Real talk
MORE SPORTS
Mnangagwa’s ‘New’ Zim merits support
Zhuwao: kleptocracy and EDiots in Davos
MORE OPINION
 
Mnangagwa off to Davos empty handed
Economy: the need for a paradigm shift
MORE COLUMNISTS
 
 
Man sues Jackson estate for sexual abuse
06/08/2014 00:00:00
by AFP
 
 
RELATED STORIES
CeeLo sentenced on drugs rap
Jolie and Pitt in secret France wedding
Jay Z, Solange fight staged: Bey’s dad
Mariah Carey and Cannon divorce
Beyonce draws fire over boob flash
Jackie Chan wants Expendables role
Usher: Marriage was my best mistake
RiRi trademarks her name – here’s why
Jay-Z's 'mistress' attacks Beyonce
Lil Wayne responds to HIV rumours
Snipes in big screen return after prison
Jackson’s Neverland for sale again

A LOS Angeles man is seeking damages from the estate of Michael Jackson, alleging that the late "King of Pop" sexually abused him as a child during the late 1980s, court documents show.

James Safechuck, 36, said Jackson abused him on about 100 occasions over a four-year period after the two appeared in a Pepsi commercial when he was 10-years-old.

Filings by Safechuck's attorneys alleged that Jackson, who died in 2009, "brainwashed" the youngster into believing the abuses were "acts of love."

The documents said Safechuck regularly shared Jackson's bed during the singer's "Bad" tour in 1988. Safechuck said the abuse continued until he reached puberty.

A hearing has been scheduled in Los Angeles for September 4 before judge Mitchell Beckloff.

Howard Weitzman, a lawyer for the Jackson estate, said Safechuck's claims should be dismissed.

"Mr Safechuck's request to file a late claim against the Jackson Estate so he can recover money from Michael's beneficiary will hopefully be rejected," Weitzman said.

"This is a person that made his claim five years after Michael died, more than 20 years after the incidents supposedly happened and has given sworn testimony that Michael never did anything inappropriate to him."

Last year, a 31-year-old Australian, Wade Robson, launched a similar claim on Jackson's estate, alleging he was abused by the singer as a child.

Jackson, who died on June 25 2009 after being given an overdose of the anesthetic propofol, faced multiple allegations of child sex abuse during his lifetime.

He was acquitted of abuse at a 2005 trial in California and paid a $15 million court settlement in 1994 over allegations involving another child.



Advertisement


 
Email this to a friend Printable Version Discuss This Story
Share this article:

Digg it

Del.icio.us

Reddit

Newsvine

Nowpublic

Stumbleupon

Face Book

Myspace

Fark

 
 
 
comments powered by Disqus
 
RSS NewsTicker