24 January 2018
   
Zim family finally leave Bangkok airport
Government orders fuel price cut
5 weeks for ministers to declare assets
Mnangagwa Mugabe Part II, critics say
12th G40 member booted out of Zanu PF
Mohadi says VP post zenith of his career
EU throws weight behind ED government
Zanu PF official says Moyo used Juju
MORE NEWS
Millers rescue NRZ, procure 200 wagons
Diamond: $20m for land reclamation
MORE BUSINESS
Mukanya to perform in Harare on April 28
SA: Jazz legend Hugh Masekela dies
MORE SHOWBIZ
Bangladesh wallop sorry Zimbabwe
PSL says 2018 season starts March 10
MORE SPORTS
Mnangagwa’s ‘New’ Zim merits support
Zhuwao: kleptocracy and EDiots in Davos
MORE OPINION
 
Sadc peace hinges on leaders' gains & loses
Mnangagwa off to Davos empty handed
MORE COLUMNISTS
 
 
New Generations in December, SABC
21/09/2014 00:00:00
by Agencies
 
 
RELATED STORIES

CITY Press reports that, following meetings held from Monday to Thursday last week in Magliesburg outside Johannesburg, a brand new SABC soap opera Generations, with none of the 16 cast members who were fired after an illegal strike, is being created by the show’s script team.

The show will run out of filmed episodes at the end of September and the “new Generations” will begin on 1 December. It will remain an aspirational drama played out in the advertising world, but the action will simply pick up in the future.

The outcome of the lekgotla could have turned out very differently had the axed cast not put up a united front.  Production company MMSV is alleged to have offered to take some back some of the actors, but not all of them.

Actor Zolisa Xaluva, speaking on behalf of the Generations Actors |Guild (GAG), indicated: “We agreed among us that if they do take us back, they take all 16.  We were dismissed together and we will return together.” 

On Friday, the actors filed papers with the Commission for Conciliation, Mediation and Arbitration (CCMA for reinstatement. In another twist, the show’s head writer, Bongi Ndaba resigned last week for undisclosed reasons.

The actors downed tools after what they considered was a failure by the SABC and MMSV to honour an agreement dating from a previous strike.

Asked how the actors were making money, Xaluva said some were working in theatres or as musicians and were “doing fine”.


Advertisement


 
Email this to a friend Printable Version Discuss This Story
Share this article:

Digg it

Del.icio.us

Reddit

Newsvine

Nowpublic

Stumbleupon

Face Book

Myspace

Fark

 
 
 
comments powered by Disqus
 
RSS NewsTicker