5 July 2015
   
New Zimbabwe Header
Moyo to be 'replaced as information minister'
Mutasa: Real remorse or nostalgic maniac?
Govt sends jobless new nurses to Sth Sudan
HIV+ woman ‘rapes’ 3 year old boy
Govt fails to pay for 2014 youth games
$780k fraud RBZ bosses released on bail
Ditched diamond geezer torches Ex’s home
SADC probes Lesotho ex-army chief murder
MORE NEWS
CSC cattle herd almost wiped out
Meikles posts $34m loss, targets DRC
MORE BUSINESS
Soul Brothers lead singer Masondo dies
Rapper P Diddy avoids assault charges
MORE SHOWBIZ
Caps win as Bosso, Dembare are held
Warriors set up Lesotho date
MORE SPORTS
Why are female killers seen differently?
Mujuru saga and women in politics
MORE OPINION
 
US gay law: Wrong never became right
The Word Our Victory: Work mates
MORE COLUMNISTS
 
 
Taylor sorry over Zimbabwe Cricket criticism
14/02/2013 00:00:00
by Sports Reporter
 
Critical ... Brendan Taylor says Facebook attack was ill-advised
 
RELATED STORIES
India to go ahead with Zimbabwe tour
Zim look to avoid another ODI rout
Windies crush Zimbabwe in first ODI
West Indies rest Gayle, Sammy
Ervine takes swing at ZC over Flower, Streak
Taylor unhappy with coaching staff cuts
Coltart: playing cricket with education
Flower, Streak out of West Indies tour
Zimbabwe Cricket calls racism summit
West Indies tour teams named
Coltart directive racist, illegal
Coltart, Zimbabwe Cricket cross swords
National selectors: ZC's response
National selectors: Amended directive
Opinion: Why Coltart is wrong
Cricket's Makoni responds to Coltart
Coventry backs Coltart on selectors
Coltart responds to racism criticism
Coltart walks into cricket racism storm
SRC directive on appointing selectors

ZIMBABWE cricket team captain Brendan Taylor has apologised to Zimbabwe Cricket after a public outburst following the omission of specialist coaches Grant Flower and Heath Streak from the tour of the West Indies.

The two coaches and fitness trainer, Lorraine Chivandire, will not travel to the Caribbean next week.
 
Taylor had been threatened with disciplinary action after he took to Facebook to criticise Zimbabwe Cricket.

“I have noted that the comments I posted last week, were made in the heat of the moment, ref. the decision made by the ZC board to leave Grant, Heath and Lorraine out of the touring West Indies squad. This was really not my intention,” he said on Thursday.

“I now appreciate that Facebook was not the right platform to air my concerns and I have since spoken to the Managing Director of ZC and apologised.

“Seeing, however, that my initial comments were made here on FB, we both agreed that it was only fair to then alert my followers and other people who had picked up my comment that the issue has been resolved.

“The point is that while I may not be happy that Grant, Heath and Lorraine are not going with the team to the West Indies, I now am better informed as to how the decision was arrived at and that the recommendation which the Cricket Committee made to the ZC Board and which the board then adopted as policy, was actually based on what had been discussed in general terms, in a meeting with the committee last year.

“I remain committed to ZC, and look forward to leading the side to the West Indies. I am happy that I have had this time in the Bangladesh Premier League to continue with my preparations!”

Zimbabwe will play three ODIs, two Twenty20s and two Tests against the West Indies.



Advertisement


 
Email this to a friend Printable Version Discuss This Story
Share this article:

Digg it

Del.icio.us

Reddit

Newsvine

Nowpublic

Stumbleupon

Face Book

Myspace

Fark
 
 
 
comments powered by Disqus
 
RSS NewsTicker