24 January 2018
Zim family finally leave Bangkok airport
Government orders fuel price cut
5 weeks for ministers to declare assets
Mnangagwa Mugabe Part II, critics say
12th G40 member booted out of Zanu PF
Mohadi says VP post zenith of his career
EU throws weight behind ED government
Zanu PF official says Moyo used Juju
Millers rescue NRZ, procure 200 wagons
Diamond: $20m for land reclamation
Mukanya to perform in Harare on April 28
SA: Jazz legend Hugh Masekela dies
Bangladesh wallop sorry Zimbabwe
PSL says 2018 season starts March 10
Mnangagwa’s ‘New’ Zim merits support
Zhuwao: kleptocracy and EDiots in Davos
Sadc peace hinges on leaders' gains & loses
Mnangagwa off to Davos empty handed
Pasuwa sees red but Dynamos through
30/06/2013 00:00:00
by Sports Reporter
Red carded ... Dynamos coach, Callisto Pasuwa
BancABC Sup8r: Bosso knocked out
Dynamos seek Buffaloes revenge
Dynamos win Sup8r final passage
PSL to rule on Dynamos cup snub
Sup8r court reprieve for H'landers
Dynamos, H'landers face PSL action
CAPS edge battling Lengthens
Bosso, DeMbare tie abandoned

Dynamos 2-0 Buffaloes

DYNAMOS scored twice in the opening 17 minutes to subdue Buffaloes in a BancABC Sup8r quarterfinal played at Gibbo Stadium on Sunday on a dramatic afternoon when coach, Kalisto Pasuwa was shown the red card.

The Harare side will now face Shabanie Mine in the semi-finals while Monomotapa will take on FC Platinum after edging Motor Action 1-0 in the other quarter final match also played on Sunday.

Pasuwa was sent for an early shower in the 63rd minute as he protested rather forcefully after Morris Kadzola was crudely hacked down by Themba Ndlovu.

That left Tonderayi Ndiraya in charge of the match while goalkeepers’ coach Tichaona Diya was also crudely stamped on by a Buffaloes player late in the second half.

Nonetheless, Dynamos earned their revenge after they were humbled 3-2 by the Mutare-based soldiers two weeks in a Castle Lager Premier Soccer League match, which marked their first defeat of the season.

Clive Kawinga rifled home from inside the box after seven minutes when the Buffaloes defence failed to clear their lines from a corner.

Ten minutes later, a Dynamos counter attack saw Patrick Khumbula head down a cross for Russel Madamombe to ram home first time from inside the box unmarked.

From then on, it looked like it would be a massacre, but Dynamos took the foot of their pedal to allow Buffaloes to claw back.

In the second half, Dynamos saw little of the goalmouth action, and Buffaloes charged on, but were denied twice by goalkeeper George Chigova.

First, Chigova got a touch to a free kick from Steven Sibanda and then used his legs from a subsequent corner to claw the ball away.

Meanwhile, on Friday, Tarisai Rukanda and Pevington Zimunya ensured Shabanie Mine’s passage into the semi-finals of the BancABC Super Eight after a 2-0 win over Chicken Inn atZvishavane’s Mandava Stadium.

After losing 2-1 at home last Sunday in a league match, Shabanie turned on the tables in the second half to book their place in their last four.

Rukanda converted from a Caleb Masocha cross in the 50th minute and as Chicken Inn sought an equaliser they conceded a penalty two minutes from time that Zimunya safely tucked home past goalkeeper Njabulo Nyoni.

On Saturday, FC Platinum knocked out Highlanders 3-1 after a penalty shootout after the match had ended 0-0 after regulation time.

Weekend Results


Friday: Chicken Inn 0-2 Shabanie Mine
Saturday: Highlanders 0-0 FC Platinum (Platinum won 3-1 on penalties)
Sunday: Monomotapa 1-0 Motor Action, Dynamos 2-0 Buffaloes
Semi-finals: FC Platinum vs Monomotapa; Shabanie Mine vs Dynamos

Email this to a friend Printable Version Discuss This Story
Share this article:

Digg it






Face Book



comments powered by Disqus
RSS NewsTicker