21 January 2018
'Zimbabweans mentally ill after Bob horror'
Chamisa, Speaker row over G40 MP purges
ZRP reverses decision to fire top cops
Bennett: Clues sought in chopper crash
EU, UN should observe elections: Pres
ANC agrees to force Pres Zuma out
Africa 'shithole' now tourism trump card
Tsvangirai golden handshake confirmed
Buyanga responds to investment call
ZTA targets domestic tourism
Delight as ZBC 'Iron Lady' suspended
Sulu arrested over $4,000 child support
Cricket: ICC clears Zimbabwe's Vitori
Zidane fuels Neymar to Real talk
Elections: Not a moment to be lost
A view beyond the Zimbabwe coup
Mnangagwa off to Davos empty handed
Economy: the need for a paradigm shift
How Mine happy with winning start
10/02/2014 00:00:00
by Supersport
How Mine win 2-1 in Zanzibar

HOW Mine coach Philani Ncube is satisfied by his side’s impressive showing in Saturday’s 4-0 routing of Zanzibar side Chuoni in a Caf Confederations Cup preliminary round first leg match at Barbourfields Stadium.

How mine dominated all afternoon to set themselves a huge advantage ahead of their visit to Chuoni next weekend.

New striker Kuda Musharu announced his arrival in emphatic style with a brace in either half while veteran anchorman Menard Mupera converted from the spot before Warren Dube sealed the game for the hosts.

This left Ncube a content man with belief that they will finish off Chuoni away.

“We are in the right direction. Our game plan was to score as many goals as possible so that we make life easier for ourselves when we visit Chuoni. The plan worked well,” Ncube said.

But the award-winning coach was quick to warn his charges against complacency when they travel away.

“But we should not relax because it is not over yet. If you look at it sometimes we tended to be too comfortable when we attacked such that we then missed some good chances. But overally I am happy with the way the boys play and confident of progressing to the next round,” he said.

The match was played on a waterlogged Barbourfields which made a string of passes difficult for both side.

But the hosts were determined, coming close as early as the fifth minute when Edmore Muzanenhamo skied his effort over bar at close range.

But Musharu thrust them ahead four minutes before the break off an Emmanuel Mandiranga pass.

Chuoni’s Ahmed Sulum fouled Musharu inside the box a minute after the restart and Mupera scored from the penalty spot to double the hosts’ lead.

Mandiranga was again provider for Musharu to head in the third goal which was his brace.
Dube completed the routing with 11 minutes to go.


Email this to a friend Printable Version Discuss This Story
Share this article:

Digg it






Face Book



comments powered by Disqus
RSS NewsTicker