20 January 2018
   
Tsvangirai golden handshake confirmed
DisGrace sneaks out three luxury cars
ED cuts Bob Singapore crew from 38 to 22
Call for Diaspora Minister and MPs
ED so over confident it worries him
Priscilla demands coup ‘killings’ details
CBD maize roasting must end now: Min
Tsvangirai faces disgraceful exit: Judge
MORE NEWS
ZTA targets domestic tourism
SOE DEBATE: Privatise most parastatals
MORE BUSINESS
Delight as ZBC 'Iron Lady' suspended
Sulu arrested over $4,000 child support
MORE SHOWBIZ
Mapeza targets CAF CL group stages
Tendai Ndoro special - says Ajax coach
MORE SPORTS
Elections: Not a moment to be lost
A view beyond the Zimbabwe coup
MORE OPINION
 
Mnangagwa off to Davos empty handed
Economy: the need for a paradigm shift
MORE COLUMNISTS
 
 
Bob90 cup postponed after ticket scam


Everything under control, matches going ahead ... Bob90 spokesperson Charles Mabika

23/02/2014 00:00:00
by Supersport
 
 
RELATED STORIES
Premiership sides submit squad lists
Dynamos goalkeeper joins SA side
Highlanders edge FC Platinum 1-0
Dynamos win two friendlies
Gwindi apologises, eyes Zifa presidency
PSL lures NetOne for Sup8r Knockout
Methembe Ndlovu’s Rovers rejoin PSL
Bosso face DeMbare in Bob90 Cup
Highlanders’ Kaindu leaves for UK
DeMbare off to Botswana by road
Bosso face City in Bob90 Cup semis
How Mine off to a flier, win 4-0
Bosso sign-on three more players
DeMbare brave pouring rain to beat Botswana side
Rosen puts Motor Action up for sale

THE much anticipated Dynamos-Highlanders Bob90 Super Cup final clash originally slated for this coming Sunday has been postponed indefinitely.

The postponement comes amid a ticketing scam that saw 2009 Cosafa Castle Cup tickets being issued in last Sunday’s elimination match between Highlanders and Harare City at Barbourfields Stadium.

Highlanders won 1-0 to set up a dream date with holders Dynamos in a repeat of last year’s final.

Controversy also surrounding the tournament is the disappearance of US$9000 from last year from the turnstiles with the matter yet to be resolved.

It was however the use of Cosafa tickets last Sunday that has brewed all the storm amid suspicion of fresh money foul play.

Heightening suspicion is the fact that chairman of the tournament’s organising committee, Stanley Kasukuwere has distanced his team from the issuance of the apparently stale Cosafa tickets, professing ignorance on how that came about.

Instead, he pointed fingers at Highlanders as having handled the ticketing as the hosts on the afternoon but the Bulawayo giants have dismissed the claims.

“No one from Highlanders was ever responsible with the gate takings,” said Highlanders treasurer Jerry Sibanda.

However, the Bob90 tournament spokesperson Charles Mabika said: “We will announce in due course the new date for the final. But we can assure fans that the game is still on and there is no reason to worry.”

Dynamos would be looking to defend the Cup after dismissing rivals Highlanders last season's tournament.


Advertisement


 
Email this to a friend Printable Version Discuss This Story
Share this article:

Digg it

Del.icio.us

Reddit

Newsvine

Nowpublic

Stumbleupon

Face Book

Myspace

Fark

 
 
 
comments powered by Disqus
 
RSS NewsTicker