16 January 2018
Mnangagwa off to Zambia Friday
Special corruption courts soon: CJ Malaba
Millions in roads repair funds looted
ED denies stealing ideas from MDC-T
Chair Moyo says 3 VPs MDC-T’s main dilemma
Mujuru’s house nearly seized for Mphoko
Coup reformed CIO, Army, ZRP: Mangoma
Rivals rage as ED govt ‘bribes’ chiefs
Minister sells post-Bob Zimbabwe in Spain
Zim investment indaba set for South Africa
Racism: Malema party storms H&M stores
Donel Mangena rocks The Voice UK
Bangladesh easily beat Zimbabwe
FC Platinun star dumps Zimbabwe champions
ZHUWAO BRIEF: ED-iots and election delay
A candid conversation with Zhuwao: Mawere
ED govt legitimacy & the church’s role
2018 election: Zim & the wealth card
Ref suspended for howler in Dynamos, Highlanders game

Good spirit ... coaches David Mandogora and Bongani Mafu embrace

29/06/2015 00:00:00
by Sports Reporter
Masomere unhappy despite How Mine win
Aborted game: Chicken Inn, Dongo charged
Chidzambwa thumped in PSL return
Dynamos edge Highlanders 3-2

BONGANI Gadzikwa has been suspended by the Zimbabwe Referees Committee for his horrendous blunder that denied Highlanders a goal against Dynamos in their 3-2 loss in a Castle Lager Premiership match at Rufaro on Sunday.

Gadzikwa adjudged that Edwin Muzanenhamo had scored in the 78th minute from an offside position, although television replays clearly showed that there was no offside. Dynamos were leading 3-2 at that moment.

In the wake of that decision, the committee, after reviewing the match and receiving the match commissioner’s report, decided to wield the axe on Gadzikwa on Monday afternoon.

In a statement, the ZRC said: “We have taken note of the issues at hand and came up with a decision to suspend the match official who was responsible for offside on the day of the game.

“Investigations, meanwhile, are continuing.”

Bosso scored the opener just six minutes into the game through Knox Mutizwa who converted from the penalty spot after Augustine Mbara pulled down Obadiah Tarumbwa in the penalty box and referee Norman Matemera awarded a penalty.

However, Chitiyo levelled after six minutes and then completed his brace in the 19th minute, drilling the ball home in a crowded box after Masimba Mambare’s initial attempt had been blocked by Highlanders goalkeeper Arial Sibanda.

Barely a minute after the substitution, Mutizwa completed his brace with a superb header from a free kick by Muzanenhamo to level matters before Qadr Amin pitched  up from the blind side to restore the lead in the 73rd minute.

Five minutes later, Muzanenhamo had the ball in the back of the nets but Gadzikwa, from the blue, ruled it for offside. Video replays on SuperSport clearly showed there was no offside.


Email this to a friend Printable Version Discuss This Story
Share this article:

Digg it






Face Book



comments powered by Disqus
RSS NewsTicker