22 January 2018
Cholera: Zim on high alert as 4 killed
ANC confirms Zuma exit discussion
Government orders blood price reduction
- One day’s supply left of key blood group
Kasukuwere begs ED for forgiveness: official
Chinamasa to divert wages to devolution
Dump Mugabe regalia, Zanu PF official
Mugabe exploited my illiteracy: Mujuru
Gemmology center in Mutare soon
NRZ loss as gold miners damage rail line
Unpaid Mr ugly reports sponsors to ZRP
Zim author releases new book in USA
Billiat might still leave: Sundowns coach
Anger as Dembare approach City player
Mnangagwa’s ‘New’ Zim merits support
Zhuwao: kleptocracy and EDiots in Davos
Mnangagwa off to Davos empty handed
Economy: the need for a paradigm shift
Easy call Cup: Caps, Chicken through to the semis
15/11/2015 00:00:00
by Sports Reporter
Taking each game as it comes ... Chicken Inn boss Joey Antipas

Caps United 3-1 Hwange, ZPC Kariba 0-0 Chicken Inn (Chicken Inn won 4-3 on penalties)

CHICKEN Inn yet again underlined their pedigree this season when they stormed into the semi-finals of the 2015 Easy Call with a penalty triumph over ZPC Kariba at Nyamhunga Stadium on Saturday.

After the game had ended 0-0 at regulation time, it was the time for that dreaded shootout.

Michelle Katsvairo, Brian Juru, Devine Lunga, who was injured three months ago in his Warriors debut and only just returned to action, and goalkeeper Pride Zendera netted for Joey Antipas’ side.

Defensive linkman Thabani Goredema’s effort was saved by ZPC goalie Tendai Hove.

For ZPC, Dennis Dauda and Russel Madamombe failed to convert their chances while Raphael Manuvire, Limited Chikafa and Leonard Fiyado were spot on.

 “Our game plan was to sit back and catch them on the counter. We are not talking of the double as yet as that brings pressure; we will just take each game as it comes,” said Antipas after the match.

But it was clear from Saturday’s match that Chicken Inn have their eyes on the bigger prize-the Premiership title-as they rested all their heavyweights ahead of Wednesday’s away tie to Tsholotsho at White City Stadium.

Skipper Danny Phiri, leading scorer Edmore Chirambadare, veteran striker Clemence Matawu and defenders Moses Jackson and Brian Mbiriri were all off duty.

At the National Sports Stadium, the Green Machine rolled on to the last four, thanks to efforts from man of the match Joel Ngodzo, Hardlife Zvirekwi and Moses Muchenje.

Muchenje converted from the spot on the hour after Hwange defender Phakamani Dube had upended Caps striker Phineas Bamusi, who had been set up by Ngodzo.

The former Highlanders star then doubled the advantage ten minutes later with a long range effort before completing a fine afternoon with an assist to Zvirekwi for the third.

And that did impress coach Lloyd Chitembwe.

“I am happy for the boys, we do a lot of drills at training and when you see the boys doing the same things in a match situation, one gets naturally happy.

“We took time to settle, but I knew the goals would come. We need to be consistent going forward,” said Chitembwe.

Hwange got their consolation gaol from Aleck Marime in the 86th minute.



Email this to a friend Printable Version Discuss This Story
Share this article:

Digg it






Face Book



comments powered by Disqus
RSS NewsTicker