Bosso, DeMbare, City drop points in weekend draws Missed … Kelvin Kaindu (middle) was allowed to attend a oaching course in the UK

Spread This News

DYNAMOS remained at the top of the Castle Lager Premier Soccer League standings on Sunday after a last gap equaliser from striker Simba Sithole gave them a 2-2 draw against 10-man Triangle at Gibbo Stadium.
With the draw, Dynamos are on 49 points, the same as second placed Harare City, who survived a penalty scare at Rimuka Stadium in Kadoma to draw 0-0 against relegation threatened Black Rhinos.
Highlanders remained in third position with 48 points after scrapping a point off their hoodoo side, the relegated Motor Action, in a 1-1 draw at Rufaro Stadium.
Master Masitara headed home in the 16th minute before Walter Musona curled home a lovely free kick after 30 minutes for the draw.
Highlanders were without Zambian mentor Kelvin Kaindu, who only arrived in the morning from the United Kingdom where he is attending a UEFA B licence course, and his assistant Bekithemba Ndlovu took charge of the proceedings.
Ndlovu said after the match: “We dropped two crucial points because we under estimated Motor Action as they have already been relegated.
“This is worrying as we have dropped five points from two matches and we could be at the top by now. We did not create enough chances but at least we managed to get a goal.
“Now we have to focus on the next match against Harare City in the Mbada Diamonds Cup and in the league.”
FC Platinum remained in fourth place with 45 points after crashing 2-0 to a supercharged Chicken Inn at Luveve with Kuda Mahachi, who had arrived at noon from South Africa from trials at Mamelodi Sundowns, creating one and scoring the second.
Caps United are also on 45 points after beating Buffaloes 1-0 at Sakubva Stadium to maintain their impressive form which has also taken them into the last four of the Mbada Diamonds Cup where they play How Mine on Sunday.
At Gibbo, Washington Pakamisa scored in the 20th minute before Misheck Mburayi levelled right from the restart, but from the penalty spot after Oscar Machapa had needlessly hacked down Pasca Manhanga in the box.
Triangle then went 2-1 up in the 40th minute when Limited Chikafa blasted past goalkeeper George Chigova after left back Ocean Mushure had gone to sleep.
Dynamos poured forward in the second half and were rewarded for their incessant attacks when Sithole, who has returned from an injury-hit stint at Supersport United in South Africa, headed home in the 83rd minute.Advertisement

Ageless Murape Murape, who was part of the Dynamos squad that reached the 1998 Caf Champions League final, was shown the yellow card just six minutes after the start for simulation in the box while Pardon Chinungwa, who was already on a yellow, saw red in the dying stages of the match for dissent.