New Zimbabwe.com

Caps United March on as stability pays dividends

Tsholotsho 0-2 Caps United, How Mine 2-1 ZPC Kariba
LIKE coach Mark Harrison said, stability can bring results.
For the second week in a row, Caps United travelled away and for the second time, came back with maximum points.
Last week, they defeated Dongo Sawmill 2-0 at Vhengere in Rusape and on Sunday beat Tsholotsho Football Club by the same score line at Barbourfields Stadium.
The stability has been brought about by Harare businessman Farai Jere who assumed control of the club two weeks, although officially last week by acquiring an 80 percent shareholding from his partner Twine Phiri, who now holds the remaining 20 percent.
And the boys have not disappointed as Hardlife Zvirekwi struck a marvellous long range before Leonard Tsipa added the second as the Green Machine regained their lost mojo in style.
With the win, Caps moved to sixth place with five wins, four draws and three losses and 19 points, seven behind leaders Chicken Inn, who are four points clear from defending champions Dynamos, who dropped two more points after a 1-1 draw against Triangle.
“The players are motivated, they can concentrate on the game now that there is stability and we can demand more from them because they are getting paid now,” Harrison said.
Tsholotsho seem to be playing well away from home as they held Dynamos to a 0-0 draw at Rufaro Stadium on Monday but seem to freeze at home.
Not even the promise of $200 per player as a winning bonus from Minister of Information Jonathan Moyo could bring the best out of them.
In other matches, Hwange lost 1-0 to WhaWha at Ascot Stadium after the Gweru side scored two minutes after the breather from the boot of Kenneth Buka.
At Luveve, ZPC Kariba took the lead through Dennis Dauda in the 26th minute but the reigning Soccer Star of the Year then handled in the box to give veteran How Mine midfielder Mernard Mupera to draw level from the spot in the 55th minute.
Then Luke Masomere’s boys took the lead through Wonder Sithole 61st minute and held on for the next half an hour for the second win in a row that took them into fourth place with 21 points.
Sunday:  Dynamos 1-1Triangle, How Mine 2-1 ZPC Kariba, Whawha 1-0 Hwange, Tsholotsho 0-2 Caps United
Saturday:  FC Platinum 2-2 Highlanders, Flame Lily 1-2 Dongo Sawmill, Chicken Inn 3-0 Buffaloes
Friday:  Harare City 2-0 ChapunguAdvertisement