New Zimbabwe.com

Chunga denies quitting Chiredzi FC

Spread This News

CONTROVERSIAL coach Moses Chunga has denied quitting struggling Castle Premiership side Chiredzi Football Club.
The former Dynamos and Warriors midfielder said he was shocked by Monday’s headlines in all the major papers, although he had been quoted in some of the papers admitting that he was no longer able to work with the current executive.
On Saturday, Chiredzi drew 1-1 with Hwange at home and remained stuck in 16th place on the log standings after 10 games of the season.
Two weeks back Chunga was accused of taking US$4000 from the club’s gate takings after the Dynamos match and the club had said they will report him to the police.
Chunga said the money was for the players and was prepared to defend himself.
On Saturday, after the Hwange match, the players raided the chief cashier’s office demanding their money but the executive called in the police who took the gate takings to their station for ‘safe keeping’.
On Sunday, Chunga announced he had quit. But on Monday, he was singing a different tune.
“Who keeps telling you all those things, who are those sources that don’t have names. I know some of them are executive members who don’t want to be named. But what are they hiding from?” Chunga asked.
Club chairman Charles Muchatukwa said as far as they are concerned Chunga is still the head coach of the club.

Advertisement