New Zimbabwe.com

Epoupa takes his fight with Dynamos to footballers’ union

Sports Reporter


HARARE: Dynamos’ Cameroonian striker Christian Ntouba Epoupa has escalated his fight with his club after taking the matter to the Footballers Union of Zimbabwe (FUZ) in a bid to find a solution to the warring parties.

Ntouba is at logger heads with his employers over outstanding signing on fees as well as salaries and allowances.

Although the player has been attending training, he has not played a part in the last five matches of the campaign in protest over the non-payment of his salaries and allowances. The player’s work permit has since expired, and Dynamos have not renewed it.

Ntouba still has a one-year contract with Dynamos which runs out on December 31 but has since claimed that the deal is terminated.

The Glamour Boys however, have demanded that the player reports for duty claiming they had paid him his dues.

FUZ secretary general Desmond Maringwa said Wednesday that they had engaged Dynamos over the matter in a bid to find an amicable solution.

“We have since engaged Dynamos on the matter to try and find an amicable solution to the impasse,” said Maringwa.

“According to the documents we have, the player has been conducting himself in a professional manner, attending training. The dispute is centred on contractual obligations and we want to find common ground on this issue.

“We believe the player has to play because this is his only source of livelihood. We will fight in his corner and if we fail to reach common ground, we will seek recourse through the relevant bodies.”

Payment controversy

Mobile network provider NetOne claimed Sunday they had paid Ntouba $18,125 this year, to cover his signing on fees, and outstanding allowances from last season.

However, the player’s manager Gilbert Sengwe denied the claims.

“His salaries from January to March were up-to-date and he had no problems with that,” said Sengwe.

“The Dynamos office actually confirmed the available balance of $8,858. If ever there was any other money deposited into the account, it was after Thursday.”

Sengwe also refuted reports suggesting his client was set to join Ngezi Platinum.

“That is all rubbish. Do people have evidence of what they are saying. For your own information, the player will return to Cameroon.

“He has always wanted to play for Dynamos and I also wanted him to play for Dynamos but there are things that are beyond your control at times.

“For example, they (Dynamos) want the player to report for training yet they have not renewed his contract.

“I have been trying to engage them on this issue all along but without success.”

Ntouba, who signed a two-year contract last year, has written to Dynamos demanding to be released from his contract, accusing the club of failing to honour their obligations under the deal.