PSL title run-in: FC Platinum held

Spread This News

FC PLATINUM once again failed to utilise a golden opportunity to surge towards their first league championship after they were held to a goalless draw by Harare City at Rufaro Stadium on Friday.
The Platinum Miners who are on top of the league table standings could have ensured they remained at the summit if they had secured all the three points against their plucky hosts.
Dynamos and Ngezi Platinum who are also in the championship race were the biggest beneficiaries of FC Platinum’s stumble as they can reclaim spot if either side notches a win in their blockbuster encounter at Baobab Stadium on Saturday.
Another team that stands to benefit is Chicken Inn who can close the gap between them and the leading pack if they win against ZPC Kariba at Nyamhunga Stadium on Sunday.
On Friday, FC Platinum could have surged into the lead as early as the first minute of play when Charles Sibanda fired at the Harare City goal by his effort was saved by goalkeeper Tatenda Munditi who pushed it back into play.
Norman Mapeza’s side also failed to utilise a subsequent corner kick with the Harare City clearing their lines.

FC Platinum, as has become the norm in most of their matches, took control of the game and once again failed to make the chances count.
Towards the end of the first half, Harare City got back into the game with their midfielders led by the impressive Tatenda Samanje putting together a string of passes.
Two minutes from the break, Norman Mapeza made his first change for FC Platinum bringing in Ali Sadiki for Hillary Bakacheza.
In the second half, the hosts came back a much-improved side and missed two good chances that could have won them the three points.
FC Platinum captain, Gift Bello, shielded the ball from hitting the nets and in the other opportunity for Harare City, the visitors goalkeeper Wallace Magalane made a brilliant save that earned his side at least a point.
On the other side, FC Platinum striker Mkhokheli Dube watched as his headed ball struck the upright post and bounced back into play.